The Indian Institutes of Management will conduct computer based Common Admission Test 2018 (CAT 2018) on 25th November, 2018 in two sessions.
CAT 2018 Eligibility
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons With Disability (PwD) categories], awarded by any University or educational institution as incorporated by an Act of the Parliament or State legislature in India or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, it may be noted that such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of their University/Institution (issued on or before the date as stipulated by the respective IIM) stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
- Candidates applying for CAT 2018 should fulfill any one of the following conditions:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks*
- Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with required percentage*.
- Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage*.
* SC/ST/PwD candidates should have minimum 45%. For General and NC-OBC candidates, minimum is 50%.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution. If any University/Institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100.
- IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website www.iimcat.ac.in. Applicants should note that the mere fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for short listing by IIMs. Candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.
Rs. 950/- For SC/ST and PwD category candidates
Rs, 1900 for all other categories of candidates.
Registration Opens: 8th August, 2018
Registration Closes : 19th September, 2018
Admit Card Download: 24th Oct 2018 to 25th Nov. 2018
For more information visit: https://iimcat.ac.inAdvertisement